Or how long a restore could take. ..

John W. Cook
Director of Network Operations
Partnership for Strong Families

Susan Bradley <sbrad...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Does he have any idea how long a full backup to a cloud backup provider
takes? I'll bet he doesn't have fiber and has various speeds of
connectivity. It takes me weeks to dribble up a large backup.

On 8/28/2014 12:57 PM, Art DeKneef wrote:

> Have a new client that wants to backup 15 computers, possibly to the
> cloud. The cloud seems to be his preference right now. 7 computers are
> in an office with the other 8 being laptops that rarely come into the
> office. There is no server (Yeah I know), mix of Windows 7 Home and
> Pro, Windows 8 and Pro, varying skill levels. They buy whatever fits
> their fancy and price when something breaks. Hopefully I can get them
> to see the value of consistency of hardware.
>
> He wants to backup the whole computer, not just the business stuff. I
> mentioned a small server or NAS device for the office but that still
> leaves the laptops. They use a couple of 1TB USB drives in the office
> now but there have been a few instances where they haven’t worked
> correctly between the different computers.
>
> I’m currently looking at Carbonite, Mozy, Crashplan and Copy but they
> all seem to just want to backup files and folders, not the whole drive
> based on my first glance.
>
> Anyone have any experience backing up remote computers they would like
> to share while I research some more?
>
> Thanks
>
> Art DeKneef
>
> Avanti Computers
>
> Mesa, AZ
>
> 480-649-4430 Office
>
> 480-529-4430 Mobile

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.