This is pretty unusual.  I’ve used NetApps totaling over 10 years and never saw
Then again, I’m not seeing 36% dedupe either.  ☺

Robert – I’d be interested in talking to you offline about your NetApp
maintenance agreement, if you don’t mind.

From: [] On
Behalf Of Robert Cato
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] Mysteriously Disappearing Home Drive Data

Used NetApp for over 7 years across two jobs. Never seen this behavior. I do
know for sure that snapshots are read only. They can't be deleted/modified.

Just a suggestion, retain snapshots longer if you have the space. We keep 96
hourly, 60 daily, and 26 weekly. Our snapshot footprint is about 14% of volume,
but dedupe and compression savings is 36%.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Charles F Sullivan