UK companies seem to be very good at making sure that there is no such thing as average or 'typical' day rate and its more down to how desperate they are and how good you are at talking and whether you mean senior as in 'been doing it for a while', or senior as in 'can do the hard stuff' - the two can be different things depending on the company you are applying to.

I would say between £170-£220 per day is typical for seniors in London depending on the facility, more for leads and more again for sups. At this moment there is high demand for compositors but very short contracts so you might be able to get a good deal if you are willing to move companies every three months. There is also very little difference between pay for film or commercials in the UK, so don't let anyone try that move on you...!

Steve