>>In short, being senior is not just about being great, it's about achieving the quality on time and in budget. If you >>can do that then you may be worth your expectations.

I couldn't agree more. It's years of experience that enables people to delivery within the context of a show and problem solve with the right priorities in mind, not just the skill to make something look amazing (regardless of the time and resources it may require). This sort of experience should enable you to keep your value as an artist up. while you may be way more expensive than a junior, you will need way less time to deliver what's required, so the bottom line for the employer is not an increases payroll, but a more efficient delivery schedule.

I have had juniors on my team who, despite not being able to do the tricky comps, turned out to be more effective in the grand scheme than some of the seniors.

The right combo of experienced seniors/leads and juniors can be quite amazing in terms of efficiency and quality.

Unfortunately, companies often do not value experience because it seems expensive on paper, when all they do is compare the hourly/daily rate for juniors and seniors; particularly when those companies are managed by accountant type people that don't understand or want to understand the actual work the company is doing.