Has anybody had success in setting up a particle system that "flicks" particles off an emitter? I need an effect that looks like when you flick paint of a paint brush, i.e. the emitter moves fast (card rotating 180 degrees), and I need it to emit particles that inherit it's speed when they are born. The "transfer velocity" knob seems to transfer velocity from the emitter to the particles even when they are already born and "detached" from it, which is kinda rubbish. Animating the "transfer velocity" knob doesn't work either (and it wouldn't help much anyway, since the animation would be global, not local and relative to each particle's life).

Does anybody have any ideas how to achieve this? The only thing I can think of is giving the particles an initial speed and fudge it until it kinda looks like they are being flicked, but that always looks rubbish as well. A clever expression maybe?

Cheers,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com> *vfx compositing <http://ohufx.com/index.php/vfx-compositing> | *workflow customisation and consulting <http://ohufx.com/index.php/vfx-customising>* *