I know I already added my +1 earlier in this thread. However, I just wanted to
bolster the argument for continuing to have email as an option for the
discussion groups. I *rarely* visit any of the web-based forums for any
software company -- for all of the reasons voiced by others on this list. I was
a Flame user for many years before making Nuke my comp tool of choice. Autodesk
attempted to eliminate their flame-news emailings and switch everyone over to
their forums. There was also a hue and cry from the artists on those lists! In
the end, they kept both. You could post to the forums via email and receive
single or digest emails. I don’t know if it is still that way, but it is a
best-of-both-worlds solution, IMO. It is *so* much more convenient to filter
and reply-at-will to posts that I feel I might be able to contribute to. Some
postings I read right away and some I save for later reference. Searching my
own mailboxes is a piece of cake. *PLEASE* make it possible to continue
receiving emails!  (Please?)

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Bobo