Thanks for your humor Frank ; )

I'm agree, mailing lists were (are) really fine and were (are ) properly
working.
In my opinion the change to the forum is a pure marketing thing.
Go to the website, be polluted by adverts and announcements, watch the
community Gallery... etc.
Instead of clear and really efficient way to share and gain experience and
knowledge.
(I'm not really keen on marketing-driven decisions....)

Adding a Stack Exchange-like site would be an other fragmentation of
knowledge and places
to ask / get information. (Even if I find these kind of sites really
effective.)
So I don't think it would be a good idea to have a Nuke specific SE site.

But, as it is suggested in the Area 51 having a Compositing SE to ask
questions could be better.
Fusion, Natron, Toxik (don't laugh..) are node based and share some
technics.
Maybe we'll see challengers come in next years.

Cheers.

--
Aurélyen DAUDET - Enseignant Nuke & Compositing
adau...@artfx.fr    -     www.artfx.fr     -     blog.artfx.fr