I'm a colourist rather than a compositor. And I really like how selective
colour works on skintones in photoshop and I would like to be able to do
the same in Resolve. I think that the effect of selective colour on
skintones and particularly the cyan slider in the red is much nicer than
the hue vs hue curves in resolve or hue correct in nuke. I understand that
you could probably get the same results with a bit of wiggling around but i
also find it interesting to udnerstand how these things work.

I do find reverse engineering things like this easier in Nuke first because
the toolset is much broader than resolve. Will the try to apply it in
resolve. This all might sound a little bit backwards but it work for me so
far.

All the best

Stepan