Hi Stepan

Had a chance to have a look at the regrading is done like this

The image is split into its Primaries, secondaries and tertiaries and these
create mattes.

These mattes are then multiplied by the colour - so from this I would think
that this already is a relative grade as, for example only 50% red is applied
to a 50% matte.

Cheers

Howard Jones
Visual Effects Supervisor