Hi,

I was wondering why Nutch project is not involved in Google SoC:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/ Many Apache projects including
Commons, Hadoop and Mahout have put up the ideas here:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

Wouldn't it be great to have students helping the project out with
some of the work which noone has found time for? For example, many
people have requested for a POST based authentication support in
Nutch. I personally wanted to do it after adding HTTP Authentication
Schemes, but unfortunately I could never manage my time well to do it
since it would require a good deal of effort. I am sure, there are
many such ideas which have not been done because the contributors did
not get time. IMHO, it would be great if students are given
opportunity to contribute through GSoC 2008. The mentors can guide
them through the work for a few hours every week and some valuable
work can be done. What do you say?

Regards,
Susam Pal