Anoop,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Anoop Ghanwani <an...@alumni.duke.edu>
wrote:

> Sam,

> How are the encapsulations supposed to address technical concerns of the
> nature "too hard to implement", especially when implementations already
> exist?
>
>From various conversations, the sentiment of 'too hard to implement' is not
shared by everyone, that includes silicon vendors supporting different
encap types.
There were discussions over the mailing list about some of those points as
well.

I'd look it from different perspective i.e. don't pick a solution and fit
in the requirements, rather, pick a solution which could meet the
requirements.
Hard, simple, easy etc is a subjective matter and depends on whom you ask.
That is the reason why the request for technical objections were requested.

Having implemented protocols, different versions and changes is a PITA. But
that is the nature of moving things.

>   One can always add extensions to those proposals to address the other
> concerns (e.g. VNI not secure, insufficient extensibility, etc.).  Whether
> those are added now or in the future is immaterial.

Immaterial? That is not how networks are deployed/operated, may be in the
lab.

> If all 3 encaps are willing to address the concern, then we end up with 6
> encaps.  Which will we pick then?

 RFC7282

-sam