From: Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk<mailto:i...@tfd.co.uk>>
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Seekable access to a Binary
To: <oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org<mailto:oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org>>

Hi,

On 6 September 2016 at 18:00, Michael Marth
<mma...@adobe.com<mailto:mma...@adobe.com>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it would be neat if we could utilize our existing mechanism rather
> than a new flag. In particular, MVCC and branches for session isolation.
> And also simply use session.save() to indicate that an upload is complete
> (and the branch containing the binaries/chunks can be merged).

Do branches and sessions hang around between requests ?

Each body part will come from different requests, sometimes separated by
hours and possibly even from different source IP addresses, especially
under upload restart conditions. At present, in streaming mode, as each
body part is encountered a session.save is performed to cause JCR/Oak to
read that input stream from the request, since JCR does not expose anything
that can be used to write binary data to the repository.

Best Regards
Ian