Hi,

Right now, there is only one nodetype index. So, if you add a nodetype / mixin
to that index (as you know the lists of nodetypes / mixins is a multi-valued
property), then you need to reindex that index. Which needs to read all the
nodes.

The alternative would be to have multiple nodetype indexes. A patch for that is
welcome! If you have that, then instead of changing the nodetype index, you
create a new index. This also needs to read all the nodes.

So, that would be more convenient (even though in both cases indexing a new
nodetype takes about the same time).

> Is this a design choice to only allow one nodetype index?

Not a design choice, just how it is implemented right now.

> I have no way to make it contained in the project itself to make an index
> based on it's mixin type.

There is a way, you need some code to extend the existing nodetype index, and
then reindex.

Regards,
Thomas