Hi there,

see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-7182>.

In trunk, we now have deprecated all API signatures that used Guava
objects. I'd like to gradually backport these changes to 1.10, but this
will be tricky due to the semantic versioning of the APIs.

For instance, changes in oak-commons will require backporting all
interim changes that went into trunk since we branched 1.10. The first
one would be OAK-8018.

This is not high priority, but then, if we want to make a breaking
change in trunk, we should actually have deprecations and replacements
in place in 1.10.

I'll post "Intent to backport" messages for the individual changes as I
get to them.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian