On 05.12.2019 16:00, Angela Schreiber wrote:
Hi Julian

Sorry, but I still don't get why we have to back port the deprecation plus
replacements to 1.10. If we remove the API in Oak 1.26 there are at a whole
bunch of official releases between the deprecation/replacement and the release
where the breaking change occurs.

FWIW; once we do a stable release from trunk with the removal (say,
1.26), there would be no officially supported Oak release which
deprecates the API. That is, 1.10.* (and earlier) would contain the old
API (and not deprecate it), 1.26.0 (and later) would only contain the
new API.

I don't believe that's acceptable.

Best regards, Julian

PS: feedback from other project members appreciated...