I don't honestly know for sure but I suspect that employees of big
corporations will likely have keys/certs on their devices/machines that are
issued by some internal CA and provisioned to them automatically (and in
many cases without the user knowing and/or understanding that they are
there and why). Those users would likely be prompted when TLS handshaking
with a server that presents an empty list of CAs in the
certificate_authorities of the CertificateRequest.

I dunno. Maybe I was too quick to retract the proposal for the MTLS
supporting secondary token endpoint?

What do folks (including Ben & Neil) think?

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 2:55 PM Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 03:55:15PM -0700, Brian Campbell wrote:
> > suspect that not having client certs set up is the situation for the vast
> > majority of users and their browsers. And for those that do have client
>
> Is this still true when we limit to the set of users/browsers that are
> employees of big corporations?
>
> -Ben
>
> > certs set up, I think they are more likely to be the kind of user that is
> > able to deal with the UI prompt okay.

computer. Thank you._