Hi

My two cents...

AFAIK, it does not exist a free standard API for satellite measurements and GPS
assistance data. Moreover, while Galileo and Compass GNSS are not yet deployed,
GLONASS support will be soon a need.

So, the idea is to not interpret positioning data or request and to pass them
transparently from the modem to the positioning framework and vis versa.

On positioning framework side, XML containers encoding/decoding does not seem
to be yet widely used, while the support of RRC and RRLP framing is common,
thanks to the support of SUPL.

Using XML and 27.007 format would be great as long as long as ofono is not
obliged to interpret the XML containers.

BR,

Fred
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros