> > For other modems sending the raw RRC/RRLP frames I guess the transcoding to
> > XML
> > would need to happen in the ofono driver or in ofono core if you want
> > to expose an
> > oFono XML API.

> so here is my take on XML. If we have to parse it, then in general that
> is a bad idea. Creating XML is just fine.

You need both as it's not only a matter of converting the raw RRC/RRLP frames
from
the modem to XML, but the responses from the GPS engine are presumably in XML
format as well
then and the modem driver would need to parse that and re-create RRC/RRLP
frames again (for modem that expects raw RRC/RRLP frames). See the tables in
section 8.55 of 27.007 for the XML schemas. It refers to the ASN.1 syntax for
the definition of the value ranges.

Cheers,
Waldo