Thanks for helping out Jeremy!

Just a small example to confirm I understand what you say:

Let's say that some algorithm needs hue and saturation. To achieve the
flexibility you talk about, I will need to keep anything color conversion
related outside of my functions. The documentation will say that channels 1
and 2 for example, are expected to be hue and saturation. It is up to the
user, or another function, to deal with the actual color conversion.
Whether it will use HSL, HSI or HSV or whatever, does not matter, all I
care about in my function is that channel 1 is hue and channel 2 is
saturation. This way I escape dealing with color spaces in my function, but
I do make assumptions that the user will provide me with hue and saturation
channels.

We agree on this one?

Stefan