Any time Jeremy says, "it's ok to not care about what the colors mean", it's
fine by me to take his advice.  It's also fairly safe to assume linear response
with Rec709 color primaries, 99% that's what people will want anyway, and the
other .9% will be too close to detect any difference between that and the
"right" answer.

--
Larry Gritz
l...@larrygritz.com