Thank you for your yeoman like efforts! -- particularly as an unpaid
volunteer (like pretty much all of us).

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM, jessamyn c. west <jessa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > One thing that comes to mind seeing the list of topics: perhaps a tiny
> > bit more clarification of what each category is for could be useful.
>
> Well one of the short-term projects (as in, something that is in
> process to the best of my knowledge) is clarifying some of the Contact
> Form options. That is, you are correct, since there isn't a way to
> purchase books or contact authors via OL it really shouldn't be
> something that we imply that people can do there. We have a form
> letter reply email that we send to people letting them know, but I
> think in terms of setting expectations I agree completely. The thought
> is to remove those two options and maybe try to break down the large
> number of "Other" responses into a few more chooseable options.
> However, getting changes made is somewhat like playing a game of
> telephone. Having admin rights on OL doesn't translate into being able
> to edit pages like the contact form. So, yes, totally agree!

If there's an agreed plan of action, I'm happy to implement it and send
Anand a pull request which may help accelerate the process.  Has this been
discussed with whoever is the decision maker in the magically opaque
OpenLibrary organization?

Tom