On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Karen Coyle <kco...@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> The vocab.org FRBR schema was NOT developed by the folks who created
> FRBR and, IMO, it exhibits some misunderstandings of the intentions of
> the actual developers.

That's right, we developed it back in 2005 before IFLA were interested
in RDF. Unfortunately they required that any commercial reuse of the
specification or its derivatives should share its revenues with IFLA.
We weren't willing to impose those terms on the users of the RDF
schema which meant we didn't reuse any of the copyrighted information
from the FRBR report, not even the descriptions of the terms. It meant
we were cut off from IFLA's input and it also acted as a huge
disincentive to pursue the schema any further.

I assume the licensing issues have been resolved with the "official"
version and commercial use of the schema is allowed without royalty?
Is that correct?

Ian