From: ol-tech-boun...@archive.org [ol-tech-boun...@archive.org] On Behalf Of
Karen Coyle [kco...@kcoyle.net]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 5:51 PM
To: ol-tech@archive.org
Subject: Re: [ol-tech] Author RDF for testing

Quoting Erik Hetzner <ehetz...@gmail.com>:

> In other words, we have a Person (e.g., [2]), a Person as
> bibliographic entity (as in FRBR), and finally one or more
> bibliographic records about the person, (e.g., [1]). Do I have that
> right?

I was looking at it that way, in particular because the OL gives
subject/person a different ID from author. But then George popped in
saying that it would be good for authors and subjects to be the same
thing, presumably a person, and since she's the project lead... well,
"make it so." So I'm coding authors as foaf:persons since that appears
to be the desired direction for OL.

In general, I consider metadata identifiers to identify the metadata,
not what the metadata is about, but that's my personal bias and
clearly others feel differently. In my world view, people do not have
identifiers, but information about people does. Of course, I live in
the city named for Bishop Berkeley, the philosopher whose theories can
be summarized as "there is no reality, get over it." :-)

kc
--
Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net