Quoting Erik Hetzner <e...@e6h.org>:

> At Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:17:47 -0800,

> As I parse it, we have here the triples (in almost-turtle):
>
>   W <http://vocab.org/frbr/core.html#Manifestation> M1, M2, M3, ... .
>   M1 a <http://rdvocab.info/RDARelationshipsWEMI/workManifested> .
>
> I think it should be:
>
>   W <http://rdvocab.info/RDARelationshipsWEMI/workManifested> M1,
> M2, M3, ... .
>   M1 a <http://vocab.org/frbr/core.html#Manifestation> .
>
> Is that correct?

I admit that I am not sure. It could be:

X is a work manifested by Y

or

Y manifests (workManifested) X

The RDA description is: "A work embodied in a manifestation." That
would seem to make Work the subject, except that RDA was not written
with triples in mind, so the directionality isn't necessarily
conscious in the definition. But note that it says that the domain of
the property is Manifestation. That almost makes it seem like it's a
relationship between two manifestations. I once asked on the RDA list
what it meant and got two opposing answers. I'll happily go with
whatever can be generally agreed on! It isn't entirely clear to me.

kc

> Since all the manifestations are also retrievable, you could probably
> get away with even less metadata about each manifestation, but the
> title & date seems good to have.
>
> best, Erik

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net