Hi John,

Thanks for your offer to help.  One thing I just realized is the Internet
Archive maintains a separate, secret, closed source repository for the epub
converter, so the sources that I was looking and fixing on Github (
https://github.com/internetarchive/epub) don't actually reflect reality.
This combined with the private issue tracker which is separate from the
public issue tracker that the community has access to greatly hinders
community participation and contribution.

Since the Internet Archive is all about transparency, freedom of
information, and dissemination of knowledge, I presume the situation is
unintentional. Can you get it fixed so the community, both technical and
non-technical, can help you help us?

As an aside, I don't think it's worth having Gio queue this up for a
production run until some of the other severe problems are fixed.  Creating
ePUBs from OCR'd texts isn't easy, but you might want to compare some of
the Google Books public domain ePUB downloads to see what's possible.

Thanks for your assistance.  The offer is appreciated!

Tom