>     I think what should happen is for the entire ePub database to be
> regenerated, or for diagnostics to be performed to identify the damaged
> ePubs, and those regenerated.

As I said, I thought we had identified and repaired that specific
problem and you're the only one I've seen report it in months now.
Clearly that wasn't accurate but we did in fact implement a fix for
it.

On-the-fly EPUB generation is active now but we have to still remove
older EPUB files which is a longer process and has to be balanced
against the other priorities we have. We've been in the process of
fixing some search indexing stuff and that has taken up a lot of our
available engineering time.

I share your view that I wish we had more resources to direct towards
these and other issues, but realistically speaking our pace on
improvements is slow.

Jessamyn