From a Fedora perspective -

We prefer separate packages, but it is acceptable to bundle libraries if required - especially if OMPI is only tested against a few (or a single) version of PRRTE. However, I would say that if Fedora ends up packaging PRRTE separately we would really rather that open-mpi build against that.

HTH,

  Orion