Hi Orion

We prefer to build against the external package as opposed to the bundled ones
and have biased our configure logic in that direction (use external if found).
Our concern with PRRTE is that we were asking you folks to build/distribute
another package, and we respect and appreciate that this places a burden on
you. When it was only OMPI using PRRTE, it seemed a fair question of whether
that was really worth it.

However, now that we have more than one non-OMPI user of PRRTE (at least one
resource manager, possibly other MPI libraries, etc.), it makes more sense for
PRRTE to be an independent package. OpenHPC will be including it in their
distribution (as of yesterday), so it would be good to see it in the other
distributions as well.

We are hoping it will prove relatively easy as it has no embedded libraries and
simple dependencies on libevent, hwloc, and PMIx. I'm hoping to release PRRTE
v2.0 sometime towards the end of May/early June - would not advise packaging
anything before then. If it helps, we can (and probably should anyway) start
posting nightly snapshot tarballs for people. Meantime, the rep is at
https://github.com/openpmix/prrte

Would it be possible to add PRRTE to the distro?
Ralph