Bryan,

That's a good point.  The other thing that happens very quickly (and its
already happening here, thus this thread) is that the volume of traffic
gets sufficiently high that people tune out.  Forcing everyone onto a
single lists is actually dis-unifying once the traffic on that list exceeds
a threshhold that one could argue, by virtue of this thread, we have
already exceeded.

Ed