I’ll set up a call to discuss this further.

I think we need to have a TSC decision on :

-        Do we want to freeze artifacts from seed code release 1.0.0 (the
stable one) and/or 1.1.0 (the enhanced and catch up code)  or not ?

o   A mitigated action could be to just go and bless the Docker containers from
the stable build that we have – which is what people are trialing against and
rename the stable branch to something more meaningful (just keep it for
historical purpose and as an easy way for people to see the code they are
running their trial on), then for the current master we can probably move away
from staging and go to snapshots as suggested below.

-        Do we formally remove artifact version numbering from ONAP release
numbering ?

o   If we do, then we could question the whole staging approach.

Few things to note when moving away from staging:

-        I don’t think there is a formal list of which artifacts are coming
from staging, now disabling the staging repo will quickly highlight them. This
will need attention from all teams to fix their builds with proper snapshots.

We’ve noticed that the build nodes do not start from an empty .m2 repository so
it might obfuscate issues.

-        We will need to setup daily snapshot builds (right now we have daily
release against staging build) to keep up building our daily docker images,
sonar scans etc… - we will need to adapt the docker images tag to reflect that
situation

-        We will need each team to adapt their jjb jobs and templates to have a
way to re-enable staging easily

Just to say that it’s not straightforward and will most probably take a few
days before we get all components buildable again on master

Regards
Christophe