From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Bochenski, Piotr
(Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 2:32 AM
To: Yunxia Chen <helen.c...@huawei.com>; Kang Xi <kang...@huawei.com>;
PLATANIA, MARCO (MARCO) <plata...@research.att.com>; FREEMAN, BRIAN D
<bf1...@att.com>
Cc: onap-discuss <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [integration] INT-261: Add standard utilities to
all dockers (vim, ping, nslookup)

Hi,

I absolutely agree that those tools are a must for development and testing, but
they should be included in Docker/VM images before the actual deployment.
That is the point of environments where there is no access to the internet -
you provide only artifacts that are needed to get the system installed and the
whole procedure takes place offline.

The concept that I've provided below assumes that we decide in the build time
whether we are building 'testing' (with debugging tools) or 'production'
artifacts.

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam

Piotr Bocheński

Software Development Engineer

MN MANO SOAM 1 R&D WRO 7 (ONAP)

West Gate (Lotnicza 12, 54-155 Wrocław, Poland)

mobile: +48 734 103 812