On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sam,
>
> To make sure I understand your answer to Rob, could you please clarify
> for me:
>
> What about user-oriented documentation (user guides, tutorials, etc, as
> listed by Rob)?
>
> Or was that covered by your answer at the bottom of your note, about
> making a concrete proposal for presentation to legal-discuss? I couldn't
> tell if that applied only to things for inclusion in an official release
> (Rob's item 2), or if it applied also to things not included in a
> release but provided on the AOOo website or wiki (Rob's item 1).
>
> I am asking, of course, because the independent ODFAuthors group, which
> has been producing the OOo user guides, would like to continue doing do
> for AOOo, while remaining independent.

Sorry for jumping in but it seems there is an missunderstading between Rob
and the ODFAuthor project. I think the ODFAuthor was in the position of many
quasi-independent groups like the OOo NGOs and others.

ODF provided a quasi official documentation effort. I say quasi, because it
wasnt really integrated with the documentation.openoffice.org group. AFAIK
there is no documentation.openoffice.org group anymore. At least I havent
seen much people step in from that group. So the default fallback in the
ODFAuthors.

However there is the use of the name as independent source. I think that is
on the clear, and was never an issue there. However the actual question is
regarding if this will be a fully official effort or not, and if it is, then
how can we make it possible. For example Apache have their own license for
documentation, but ODFAuthors actually have a different goal with the docs
than Apache.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol