On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 20:44 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > 1) and/or 2) Yes, if AOOo in interested in either of those options. Or
>> > hosted (as ODT/PDF) on the wiki, with links to the wiki from the
>> > website. We would be happy with any of those arrangements.
>> >

>> Did you see how Apache Subversion was handling its user guide?
>>
>> http://subversion.apache.org/
>>
>> (see in the side panel on left)
>>
>> That might be a good model for how an external user guide project can
>> relate to an Apache project.  This looks more like option #1 above.
>

> I think that is a good approach and I like it.

If you take that approach then I don't think there is any decision
that we need to take now, at least not in the Apache project.  But
when we have an end-user facing web portal hosted by Apache (the
future home of http://www.openoffice.org) then we'll want to have a
discussion on how we link to your user guide.

One other thing.  I think the Apache trademark policy is also relevant here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

You probably will want to review that and see if you would need any
approvals from Apache for the trademarks and/or logos that you use in
the user guide.