No need to drag the .org into the future, if Apache is prefixed. If no
prefix, yes, we lead with the trademark of record: OpenOffice.org. IMHO.
Let's simply use Apache OpenOffice.

On Jul 10, 2011 1:27 PM, "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> OK, to let the name start with "Apache" seems to be a requirement.
>
> Am I right when I see more people saying that it should be named "Apache
> OpenOffice.org" and not "Apache OpenOffice"?
>
> BTW:
> I don't want to get rid of the ".org" extension on any price. Due to the
> new Apache home I just wanted to talk about the possibility.
>
> Marcus

no one liked it. It was a perpetual reminder that the product couldn't be
called what they really wanted it to be called: OpenOffice. I greatly prefer
Apache OpenOffice to Apache OpenOffice.org.

>>> The product and the project WAS OpenOffice.org. If we want to change it,
then why not directly Apache Office?