Am 07/12/2011 02:01 PM, schrieb Kai Ahrens:
Am 12.07.2011 12:30, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
When the users actually do what they want to name the product and/or
project, IMHO then there is no need to change anything that you cannot
predict. Then we can stick with the known brand name and also avoid any
legal problems with companies that use also "OpenOffice" as brand.

I was just talking about using the .org or not. The full product name

Yes, me too.

would be 'Apache Open Office' or 'Apache OpenOffice', of course. There
won't be any legal issues with this product name as the brand name
'Oracle Open Office' has shown.

For myself, I would go with 'Apache Open Office' instead of 'Apache
OpenOffice', but this would need some more discussion.

So, when the .org brand name is after 10 years well established why should it be changed now? After all these mails I don't see a reason for it.

Marcus