Once we have documentation in place, any infra person can jump in and help
should the need arise.

> Quite honestly -- and I can only speak personally -- at the moment I feel that
> I am caught between a rock and a hard place.  My work is time consuming
> and the skills are different to the mainstream C++ trained OOo developer,
> but they are also different to a pure sysAdmin.  In some ways you need to be
> an expert in *both* these worlds and to be able to integrate this expertise.
> am not talking about enthusiastic newbie volunteers; I am talking about
> hacks who have done this so many times that it's routine.  Again this only my
> personal experience, but I feel that Apache is unwelcoming to newcomers
> and this seems to be an endemic culture, albeit strongly advocated by a few
> individuals.  It is intolerant and often outrightly hostile to domains of
> expertise outside its comfort area -- even though these may be more
> relevant to the work and Apache's wider mission.  In short I am being asked
> to work long hours on technically demanding tasks in a dysfunctional
> environment.

Nobody is asking you to so anything, you are a volunteer, you can do zero hours
if it pleases you, Your hours are governed by what you want to put in, not what
anybody tells you to do.

Please explain what you mean by dysfunctional?

FWIW I've been bending over backwards trying to help you with infra stuff, but
you
are a stubborn old git who will not listen to how we do things around here. We
have
accommodated just about every need, every weird way you do things, now it is
time
for you to listen to us and fit in with us. I've been prepared to help you do
this but
then you just go and piss me off with outlandish emails like this one.

 > If I was being paid to do what I am doing now, then I would be
> seriously thinking about changing jobs -- and this is from a guy who spent 32
> years working with the same company working to get to its top technical tier
> -- and also one who is now doing this work pro-bono.

This is a volunteer organisation, guess what, you are not the only person here
doing
work for nothing. Please do not yet again spout off your credentials or your
countless
millions of hours spent on this, we KNOW, we are very grateful but I am getting
tired
of you always shoving it in our face as an excuse for us to have to bow down
and do
it the Terry way. We are not stupid, do not treat us as stupid. You are not
stupid, we know
that. We are not here to piss you off, but you seem to trying very hard to do
that to me
at least. Now, quit the jibes and learn to do things in a way that will please
us all.

Gav...