>From <http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html> top of page, Overview, second
>paragraph:

"PMCs considering including cryptographic functionality within their products
or specially designing their products to use other software with cryptographic
functionality should take the following steps *before* placing such code on any
ASF server, including commits to subversion" [*emphasis* mine]

>From <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#crypto-audit>
"Before the code base is committed into an Apache repository, the contribution
MUST be checked and any restricted cryptography reported appropriately."

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Burrell Donkin [mailto:robertburrelldon...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 14:01
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Request dev help: Info for required crypto export declaration

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> Technically, this was to have been resolved before the code was put up on
> SVN.  We need to audit specifically for this rather quickly, and including
> the places that Rob also identified (import-export filters and http TLS).

I definitely recommend a full crypto audit but IIRC it's not necessary
before sending the initial notification.

AIUI (from [1] and [2]) all that's needed is a list of the
cryptographic libraries used by OOo. If the results of the full audit
differ then we can just update the details and send an updated
notification.

Robert

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#sources
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/