On 24/11/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
Yes and I would avoid doing anymore N-L projects.
Since Khirano is willing to do a translation of the
new main site. If Pedro and the other Italians and MArcus
and the other Germans. Plus Alexandro and the Spanish are in
Consensus to do translations of the new main (Am I missing
any other "active" N-L projects?) then I am for removing all
N-L now.

No, please don't! First of all let me congratulate with you for solving most remaining bugs with the Italian site import, that the last time I checked had no major display issues on the Apache infrastructure.

Coming to the removal of N-L sites, we do have content that is specific: for example, I've just published a link on http://it.openoffice.org to a new guide, in Italian, about how to use the DataPilot/Pivot Tables; this was provided by an Italian public institution and its natural place would be on the Italian N-L site rather than somewhere on the wiki.

So, even though an update (even a major update) of the Italian site and of some other N-L sites is acceptable and, I'd say, badly needed, I would still keep the possibility for the N-L sites to provide content that is language-specific and not a translation of content from the English site.

Regards,
  Andrea.