Il 09/03/2012 22:22, Rob Weir ha scritto:
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Michael Bauer<f...@akerbeltz.org>  wrote:
[cut]
2) Allow account creating as on other Pootle servers without any hoops to
jump through other than the usual signup process.

In essence, handle Pootle and l10n as it was handled before.

Most of us are not familiar with how it was handled before, so it is
good to discuss the details, so we all understand it.

Right now it is configured so all Apache committers can login and have
review and commit rights.  Non-logged in users (everyone else) can
view, suggest and submit translations.

It's not useful to give causal contributors write access to translations: they usually don't know what writing style to follow and don't know the correct terminology. This will only mess up things or give more work to do to the translators. Please don't let submit rights to non-logged users.

What are we missing?

Would it work, for example, if the translation leads become Apache committers?

I think it can work. Better yet: back in OOo days various teams were able to choose between pootle or direct SDF submission (as Claudio said). Maybe in this phase of reorganization it would be helpful for the teams to choose their preferred method.

Paolo