KG01 - see comments inline.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Graham Lauder <y...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Questions relating to research!
> > >
> [....]
> >
> > Perhaps the first survey we should conduct is a survey about what sort of
> > surveys our users would respond to.

KG01 - Thanks for your feedback and interest in the user research effort.
While I agree we could deploy different types of surveys to gather
different types of data, I feel that a survey of surveys might induce
premature survey fatigue. User research, especially surveys, consumes
people's time and energy. Rather, I propose we work from the other
direction. If the goal of the research activity is to gather data that will
help us build insight and drive informed design and development decisions,
then we should focus the surveys on the information we need to do that. I
have captured some comments in the wiki discussion page.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Talk:AOO_UX_Research_Surveys