KG03 - See comments inline.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Firstly I strong agree with Graham's that we must make very clear on what
> we want to know from a survey. e.g. my first impression to Albino's
> original question list was that the purpose might be to know by which
> channels do our users get our product information and support... Later we
> added more purpose in and generated a long list in wiki. While my personal
> suggestion is that we may want to separate the long list into different
> surveys, because people who take the survey will have different interest
> because of their background.

KG03 - Tailoring the survey content to keep the survey brief yet still a
source of good data is a key priority.

> One survey should try to target to one certain
> group, for us to make the observation to certain targets that we set. It
> will not good if you take a survey and found 1/3 of the questions inside
> are not what you interested, or even understand... then you might want to
> quit from the survey, or generate some garbage answers by random
> selections... It is just my $0.02.
>

> BTW, I noticed that in the question list, we didn't ask for people's
> career. We asked for the company, but not individual's. I suggest we add
> this question, since a developer is likely to have a quite different view
> to an executive...

KG03 - Actually, that is in there already. "Question A50: Which best
describes your job role?"

KG03 - Please share any specific data requirements that you or your
development peers feel would help drive informed design and development
decisions moving forward. Capture your thoughts on the wiki. See:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Research_Surveys