On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree, an updated visual identity would be a great way to refresh our
> application visuals and appear more contemporary. Website branding should
> align with this broader brand direction.
>
> Updating the logo should be part if a broader branding initiative which
> includes creative new artwork for app icons, file icons as well as graphics
> for install, start screens, wizards, about box and others.
>
> I have been sketching and created some mockups for a number of these
> elements. I'll upload when back from vacation.
>
> I'll volunteer to lead this activity.

I actually don't agree with having a new logo, simply because even the
current  one hasnt been completely integrated with the product and is
creating  huge lag between this logo proposals, the trademark and the
actual look and feel of the application.

I applaud the efforts on maybe having a new design on the website, but a
new logo? Just the wiki had a change from the old Oracle logo to the new
one (orb logo) last week.

Today I point out a lot of discrepancies between the logo on the Visual
design site (an old one from OOo 3.2 days) and the current status of 3.4
and it hasn't been implemented. [1]

Even at the moment, there are different orbs floating around such as the
orb on the start center of OOo 3.4 is different from the 8-bit solid orb.
[2]

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201210.mbox/%3cCAMK9kTiqEUcghLksDaBP2sgCSkhP7VuVpxF2asE9k-r6XdXX=g...@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2] http://imagebin.org/230827