Sent from my tablet
On Oct 14, 2012 9:18 PM, "Rob Weir" <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> > On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> >> Isn't this easy to solve?  All we need is for one proposed PMC-member
> >> to say that they will, as one of their first actions as a TLP PMC
> >> member, propose the former mentors for PMC membership.
> >>
> >> Is anyone willing to state this?
> >
> > Yes. That has been my plan. I also would accept any additions to the
PMC that the Board chooses to make.

> Great.  Personally I think it makes sense for the PMC to manage its
> own evolution.  This is a non-trivial part of The Apache Way.
>
> I realize that the ASF Board has the ability in extraordinary
> situations to intervene directly in a PMC's decision making process.
> "As a last resort" and "a blunt instrument" are the terms I recall
> being used earlier in reference to Board intervention.   It will be
> very interesting to see if they think this is a situation that
> warrants such action.

Please don't quote things out of context, it doesn't help. Changing a
resolution is not an "extraordinary situation", its part of the board's
responsibility to the foundation. The PMC I currently chair, for example,
had a couple of relevant and appropriate people added by the board before
creation.

That being said, I am not suggesting the board will take such an action, I
cannot predict the actions of a board of 9. I will observe, that a concern
has been raised and the reactions of this community to those concerns has
been, on the whole, appreciative and appropriate (and I don't mean only
Dave's statement above, in fact I dont think that is necessary).

Ross