[snip]

>> But speaking for myself, I'd really like to see a comprehensive
>> proposal, since one criticism of our current state is that we lack a
>> comprehensive approach.  Especially for those who are not familiar
>> with this old logo dispute with Oracle, it would be good to put down,
>> in one place (the wiki) a complete proposal.
>>

> That said I am aware of the horrible time that the Branding Guidelines
> took to be set in place, almost 6 months after working with Oracle. But is
> a testimony of how intense and thorough this work most be to take to create
> Visual Design, and guidelines.

FYI this is some structure to the brand refresh by oracle, it includes a
good overview of all the things that need to be modified before starting to
work on a new proposal.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Application_Rebranding_-_Project_Home_Page

Creation of a Spec

   - Startcenter
      - Usability aspects
      - lack of color
      - design language
   - splashscreen
   - Icon Themes (Industrial, Crystal, etc)
      - mh: there some coordination with art teams of kde and gnome is
      desired for some of the document icons with the icon themes
   - Other UI Graphics
      - put on hold, waiting for further input
   - Default Styles (templates, fonts)
      - put on hold, wait for more input from Ivan
      - some relation to User Experience/Improving OOo Default
Settings<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/Improving_OOo_Default_Settings>
      - general definitions of fonts for branding is not in scope for this
      effort, bedipp: subteam for this, rosana: should be part of the branding
      guidelines

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice