On 22 October 2012 00:01, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM, jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have finally finished my proposal for a new workflow.
> >
> > please have a look at:
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/File:L10procNew.pdf
> >

> I'll take a closer look, but I did browse it quickly and had one question:

Hope you like what you read.

> Do we know more about what it means to have Pootle access Subversion?
> Does this need read/write access?  If so, what SVN account is it
> using?  Is it using credentials from the current logged in Pootle
> user?  Does it need to store SVN login credentials?

According to the home page (I have no personal experience) will pootle use
the account you use on pootle
Yes it requires read/write access, otherwise you cannot commit your
changes, and would again have manual steps.

Andrea told me that you might meet the developer 4-5 november.

> Since Pootle and SVN are both ASF-wide services, managed by the
> Infrastructure team, we'll need to coordinate this carefully.
> Security concerns will weigh heavily on what is possible here.

I totally agree, but the real question is: how many are using pootle to
translate compared to the total number. Everybody have been telling me,
that most translation is done offline..so that is where I have put my
emphasis.