Thanks a lot for your long and informative answer, I read it with a
positive attitude and will just make one comment, it is hard to be new
especially with the state of documentation we have. I will in the future
make a lot less noise.

I will work your comments into my proposal, and in general I agree it is
better to extend existing tools than to make new ones.

There is however one misunderstanding (probably due to my formulations)
that I need to correct, the l10n upload/download feature was NOT to
circumvent the system, but to allow contributors to upload files without
having to go through private mail adresses/bugzilla etc.

Thanks for using time on my proposal.
Jan.