On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2012 06:47 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much for the list, Dave!
>> I wonder if it is proper to publish the ML moderator list (at least for
>> those public MLs) on a wiki, so that it can be easily maintained and
>> updated on time?
>>
>> - Simon
>

> Simon, and *,
>
> I looked at the following page today:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/pmc-faqs.html
>

> and noticed that the moderators listed are out of date. I was actually going
> to update this page when I decided maybe the moderator listing would be
> better put *with* the mailing lists on the mailing list page:

> Maybe leave the section on the responsibilities of the moderators on the PMC
> page, but move the actual names.

Wherever you put the info you can link to it from the other location.
So whatever makes sense.

> And...I do wish there was a way to track these down easily. :/
> I will look into ezmlm a bit more but I imagine you need some "uber"
> capabilities.
>
> Thoughts on this idea?

IMHO, getting an updated/accurate list is more important than the
location.  Rule of thumb:  Do the google search you think someone
would use to find the info, maybe "Openoffice mailing list
moderators".  The PPMC FAQ page comes up first.  The NL mailing list
page comes up second, and the normal mailing list comes up 4th.
Unexpected is that the 3rd page for that query is our Papiamento NL
page.  Papiamento is evidently a Caribbean creole language.

So, as long as we have links from the top pages for the expected
queries, then we're looking good, yes?

-Rob

>> 2012/9/9 Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Since Rob and Dennis will be leaving their ML moderators it is time to
>>> revisit all of the lists. There are others that need action. I think we
>>> should be replacing mentors (unless they explicitly choose to remain.)
>>>
>>> I think the action list and number of moderators needed is:
>>> ooo-commits - 2
>>> ooo-dev - 1
>>> ooo-issues - 2
>>> ooo-notifications - 2
>>> ooo-private - 2
>>> ooo-security - 2
>>> ooo-users - 2
>>> ooo-users-fr - ?
>>>

>>> Below I put a ? where I think we need people
>>>
>>> ooo-announce
>>> imacat
>>> robweir - Rob did not include this in his list.
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-commits
>>> danese - Mentor
>>> robweir
>>> ?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-dev
>>> robweir
>>> danese - mentor
>>> pj
>>> ?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-general-es
>>> arielch
>>> juanm...@gmail.com
>>>
>>> ooo-general-ja
>>> khirano
>>> maho
>>>
>>> ooo-geral-ptbr
>>> bino28
>>> filhocf
>>> lcolui...@gmail.com
>>>
>>> ooo-issues
>>> danese - mentor
>>> rubys - mentor
>>> ?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-l10n
>>> khirano
>>> paolopoz
>>> robweir
>>> yo
>>>
>>> ooo-marketing
>>> bmcs
>>> yo
>>> jsc
>>> jza
>>> khirano
>>> pj
>>> robweir
>>> si...@webmink.com
>>>
>>> ooo-notifications
>>> danese - mentor
>>> rubys - mentor
>>> ?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-private
>>> robweir
>>> danese - mentor
>>> jsc
>>> orcmid
>>> ? Louis?
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-progetto-it
>>> dav...@flossconsulting.it
>>> paolopoz
>>> pescetti
>>>
>>> ooo-qa
>>> lilyzh...@gmail.com
>>> maho
>>> robweir
>>>
>>> ooo-security
>>> malte
>>> robweir
>>> ?
>>> Who is left on this list as subscribers?
>>>
>>> ooo-users
>>> khirano
>>> orcmid
>>> pj
>>> robweir
>>> si...@webmink.com
>>> ?
>>>
>>> ooo-users-de
>>> mikeadvo
>>> rbircher
>>>
>>> ooo-users-fr
>>> ericb2 - resigned from ppmc / committer.
>>> vince...@laposte.net
>>> water...@sunrise.ch
>>> What are we doing with the French list. Anyone know?
>>>
>>> ooo-utenti-it
>>> dav...@flossconsulting.it
>>> paolopoz