On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Rony G. Flatscher
<rony.flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> Sorry, if I have not been clear enough: the file association for ".rex" does
> not get set up, although I checked that check-box.

Can you run the installation again and send me the output of the
install.  There is the details window that shows the output of the
install.  After clicking the "Install" button, on the next page, all
the files are installed.  When that finishes, before clicking the next
button, copy all the text in details window, paste it into a file, and
send me the file as an attachment.  Just send it to my g-mail account,
or open a bug and attach the file to the bug.

> In addition "PATHEXT" does not show ".rex" as one of the extensions Windows
> should probe when searching for executable files.

If the file association is not going to be created, then .rex is not
added to PATHEXT.

> Just did it once more:
>
> Installing (the already installed ooRexx)
>
> agreeing to uninstall existing ooRexx
>
> do not remove the directory
> uninstalls completes without errors/warnings;
>
> Now installing ooRexx
>
> Checking "Create Windows file associations" check-box
> Leave "Create 'Send To' ..." as is, ie. 'Send To' for Rexx Hide and Rexx
> Pause are checked,
> On the next screen entering the full path to the vs-editor, but *not*
> changing "File Association for rexx.exe" (not wanting to override) check box
> which is also dubbed "Create rexx.exe file assocation", which then seems to
> allow for entering an arbitrary extension;

The "Create rexx.exe file association" check box *must* be checked.
If it is not checked, no file association will be created.  This could
be your problem, the check box has to be checked.

If the current installed ooRexx is 4.1.0 or later, the default
settings will be whatever the last install was.  I.e., if in the
not be checked, and you would need to check the check box to create
the file association in the current install.

> On the next screen (Associate a file extension with rexxhide.exe and /or
> rexxpaws.exe), leaving everything alone (unchecked boxes)
> install completes without errors/warnings.

If you finish the install, with none of the check boxes checked, no
file association will be created and the editor setting is of course
not done.  (Setting the editor requires at least one file
association.)