The problem is not with the APIs but with the way the libraries work
underneath the APIs. The newer .Net replaces the underlying libraries.

The situation may not be as bad as it sounds. I need to do more research
to see what version of .Net we need and what versions were shipped with
each OS and also what service packs updated.

David Ashley