On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Michael Lueck
<mlu...@lueckdatasystems.com>wrote:

> (sssiiggghh...) That is a most unfortunate situation.

Most people don't call this unfortunate, they call it progress.

> So all of a sudden, to install ooRexx, ooRexx will be dragging along .Net
> onto target boxes. Bloat, bloat, bloat...

Most systems will already have .Net on them.  So, nothing needs to be
added.

On the other hand, if you want to continue living in the previous
millennium, you have no need of IPv6.  There was no working IPv6 in the
previous millennium.

In addition, Rick is already concerned about people not being able to
upgrade ooRexx because of a dependency on .Net that they don't want or
need.  Although we haven't hashed out the details on how to overcome that,
since it is a concern, I'm sure we will arrive at some compromise there.

But it will be a compromise that you will need to make.  If you want and
need IPv6, then you will need to use the software that supplies it.  If you
don't want it, then you will be able to use ooRexx, but you won't have IPv6.